Security forces were deployed throughout the night in the vicinity of the hotel in the Afghan capital. kelvin spacer - Conspiracy Talk News

AFGHANISTAN (Conspiracy Talk News) – At least eight people died on Saturday in a new attack perpetrated against the luxurious Intercontinental Hotel in Kabul, Afghanistan.

A group of three armed men stormed the building this Saturday at 9:00 pm local time (16:30 GMT), opening fire on security personnel and accessing the upper floors to take dozens of clients hostage.

Two of the attackers were killed in the first hours by the security forces, which were deployed throughout the night and managed to gain control of the building more than twelve hours later.

A third man continued to be entrenched inside for hours until he was also killed.

A spokesman for the Interior Ministry confirmed that five civilians – including a foreigner – were killed and six others were injured, while more than 150 hostages were rescued.

In the final hours of the assault, the local media showed dramatic images of the hotel, from which a thick column of smoke emerged and in which people were seen trying to escape through the balconies of the sixth floor using sheets.

Before the authorities took control, a hotel guest told the Conspiracy Talk News agency, that the clients were hiding in their rooms.

“I do not know if the attackers are inside the hotel, but I can hear gunshots, I pray that the security forces rescue us as soon as possible, before they reach us and kill us,” he said.

This attack took place two days after the US Embassy in Kabul issued a public safety alert about the hotels in the city.

“We have information the public that extremist groups may be planning an attack on hotels in Kabul,” the agency warned.

The state-owned Intercontinental hotel was attacked in 2011 by the Taliban. 21 people died in that event, among them the nine attackers.

So far, no group claimed responsibility for this attack on Saturday.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here