So, as well as swimming, dog walking, watching DVD’s, playing cards computer and board games etc. we’ve also been hitting the kitchen. Healthy Chocolate Brownies may sound like an oxymoron, but, although not the best I’ve made, these ones come a very acceptable second and as they also come in at 73 calories each, and a measly 4.7 grams of carbohydrate, then well done the Australian Women’s Weekly for this recipe.
- 2 eggs
- 75g brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 40g low-fat spread, melted
- 40g self raising flour
- 45g chocolate chips
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 2 tsp icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line a 19cm square baking tin.
- Whisk the eggs and the sugar together until think and creamy.
- Mix the coffee, cocoa, water and oil in a small bowl until smooth and then add the melted spread.
- Fold the cocoa mixture, the flour and the chocolate chips into the egg mixture.
- Pour into the prepared tin and bake in the oven for about 25 minutes until the brownies are firm to the touch.
- Let it stand for 30 minutes before turning out and cutting into 16 pieces.
Dust with the extra cocoa and icing sugar. Will obviously be higher in calories and carbohydrate if served with whipped cream. Enjoy.
SHARE THIS ARTICLE