SANTO DOMINGO (Conspiracy Talk News) – Venezuelan Minister of Communication and Information, Jorge Rodriguez, revealed on Thursday in Santo Domingo that the “terrorist cell” headed by former police inspector Oscar Perez had plans to assassinate the president of that country, Nicolas Maduro.
“There were plans to assassinate Nicolás Maduro, there were assassination plans against the Defense Minister, Vladimir Padrino Lopez, as well as against the Vice President of the Republic, Tareck El Aissami; against the attorney general, Tareck William Saab and against the first vice president of the United Socialist Party of Venezuela (Psuv), Diosdado Cabello, “he said.
Rodriguez, who is in the Dominican capital at the head of the government delegation that talks with the opposition, said there were also murder plans against “important leaders” opponents of his country.
“We have names of military targets who the terrorists described as traitors, who were going to be killed, we have the certainty of the terrorist attack that was planned against an embassy located in the eastern part of Caracas, an attack with a car bomb” Rodriguez added.
The Venezuelan opposition coalition meeting at the Democratic Unity Table (MUD) announced today that it would not attend a new meeting in Santo Domingo, because Venezuela’s interior minister, Néstor Reverol, said that they were opposition negotiators who provided information to the Government about Pérez’s whereabouts.
Perez was killed by Venezuelan security forces last Monday.
The pilot had also gained notoriety in the middle of last year when he attacked with grenades, from a helicopter, the headquarters of a public building in Caracas.
The Dominican Foreign Minister, Miguel Vargas, announced today that the Government and the Venezuelan opposition are committed to agree on a new date, which will be announced soon, to continue the talks that were scheduled to resume on Thursday.